The time that many students have been looking forward to has finally come! After hours of hard work, graduation is finally in sight! The School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership would like to congratulate all of our students who will be graduating this spring and summer. Commencement will be held on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 2:00pm at Nemzek Fieldhouse.
Here is the complete list of both ceremonies:
Morning Ceremony (10 AM)
College of Arts, Media and Communication
College of Business and Innovation
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Afternoon Ceremony (2 PM)
College of Education and Human Services
College of Science, Health and the Environment
If you are unable to attend but would like to watch the ceremonies, use the link below to watch the live stream.
Interested in earning your BSN? Check out MSUM!
WHY MSUM ???
- TOTALLY ONLINE. MSUM’s RN to BSN program is totally online, it is highly regarded, students love it, and employers see great gains with BSN graduates.
- EXPERT FACULTY Your faculty are experts in their area of practice, as well as distance education. Dedicated, accessible and supportive.
- EFFICIENT PATH. On average, it takes AD-RN students just 40 credits to complete the BSN. The typical part-time path takes two years. (the pace depends on your transfer courses and personal situation)
- AFFORDABLE. The MSU Moorhead tuition is very reasonable, your degree at MSUM is a value beyond any in the region.
- INDIVIDUALIZED. Each RN-BSN student works at their own unique pace without any pressure to stay within a ‘cohort’ or prescribed schedule. Some students study one course/term and others go full-time – it’s YOUR decision.
- REAL EXPERIENCES. Four courses include clinical assignments which occur in YOUR community (few work with you to arrange them – no traditional clinicals here).
- AND MORE !
APPLY SOON !
- The next general application pool review deadline is October 15, 2017. Rolling admissions will continue into November/December, and close as soon as the January 2018 course fills.
Application Info & More
Thank YOU !
We’re glad to hear that many of you are interested in being part of the Health Care Leadership club! Furthermore, we look forward to meeting all of you! So what is the Health Care Leadership club (HCL) about? This is an organization that will help you continue growing professionally and therefore, offer you the opportunity to continue learning more about your field outside the classroom. Not to mention, coming to our meetings will give you a chance to start connecting, networking, and socializing with your HCL peers! We have a lot planned this semester and hope to see you at some of the events!”
If you have any questions regarding the club, contact Jitendra Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes begin on August 21st for MSUM students. What better way to add some excitement to this day than to see the first extreme solar eclipse in Fargo-Moorhead in over thirty years? As exciting as this event may be, we all must take precautions to keep our eyes safe. It is very tempting to look directly at the eclipse. However, the eclipse can cause permanent eye damage if you look directly at it, even if it is just for a second. It’s important to wear special glasses made specifically for viewing an eclipse. Please do not use any other types of sunglasses! If you are purchasing your own pair of eclipse glasses, make sure they are certified.
The MSUM Planetarium will be having glasses available at their viewing on campus. Join them on August 21st from 11:30a until 2p in the G3 parking lot (corner of 6th Ave S. and 11th St. S). They will have the glasses as well as special telescopes for all to use and view the eclipse safely! If you are unable to attend in person, check out the live stream of the eclipse on their Facebook page Department of Physics and Astronomy.
The F-M area will be able to experience a partial eclipse. About 80 percent of the sun will be blocked from view. Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity! And don’t forget to be safe!
Looking for a way to celebrate the Fourth of July this year? Come to Minnesota State University Moorhead for some fireworks and fun! The Moorhead Business Association has raised funds to continue this day of celebration and MSUM is honored to be able to host this night of fun. The event begins at 8:30pm and will go until around 11:00pm. This year, there will be a special performance by Post Traumatic Funk Syndrome. This is a classic rock, horn band out of Fargo that plays songs by Chicago, Blues Brothers, Phil Collins, Earth Wind and Fire, plus so many more! A fireworks display will follow the performance and begin at 10:30p.
This event is located at Nemzek Stadium on the Minnesota State University Moorhead campus. Admission is FREE! Don’t miss out on this fun filled evening!
Here at Minnesota State University Moorhead School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, faculty members do their best to give their students the best learning experience possible. Seeing students succeed is a wonderful and proud feeling. Receiving feedback from students is a great way for SNHL to recognize strengths and weaknesses within its programs. Read the following from a former student about her success during and after her time here at MSUM!
“My name is Adriana Peck, like to go by Addy, and I attended Minnesota State University Moorhead from Fall 2012 – Summer 2016. I double majored in Business Administration and Health Services Administration with an emphasis in long term care. I am happy to say that I am currently using my degree as a Nursing Home Administrator for the Good Samaritan Society in northern MN near Bemidji.
MSUM SNHL faculty is some of the best I believe. The Healthcare Leadership Program Coordinator, Professor Singh, is knowledgeable, well connected, and a huge help during my time in the program. Another aspect of the program I enjoyed was that there are professors that are professionals out in the field. They could bring real world experiences and advice into the classroom. The classes also require many presentations to be done throughout which made a huge improvement in my public speaking skills. I am not scared to get in front of my staff and talk. The Health Services Administrator program is also accredited with the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators which is a must to get a MN Nursing Home Administrator License. I am fortunate to have attended MSUM and been a part of the School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership!”
Health Services Administration isn’t the only program offered at MSUM SNHL. The following programs are offered:
- B.S. Degree in Health Services Administration (major and minor)
- RN to BSN (major)
- Master of Science in Nursing (masters)
- Master of Healthcare Administration (masters)
- Nursing Educator (certificate)
- Nursing Administration and Organizational Systems in Leadership (certificate)
If you see a program you are interested in, contact us to learn more about it!
Email: email@example.com Phone: 218-477-2693