Looking for a way to celebrate the Fourth of July this year? Come to Minnesota State University Moorhead for some fireworks and fun! The Moorhead Business Association has raised funds to continue this day of celebration and MSUM is honored to be able to host this night of fun. The event begins at 8:30pm and will go until around 11:00pm. This year, there will be a special performance by Post Traumatic Funk Syndrome. This is a classic rock, horn band out of Fargo that plays songs by Chicago, Blues Brothers, Phil Collins, Earth Wind and Fire, plus so many more! A fireworks display will follow the performance and begin at 10:30p.
This event is located at Nemzek Stadium on the Minnesota State University Moorhead campus. Admission is FREE! Don’t miss out on this fun filled evening!
It’s finally fireworks season! There is a lot of fun packed into fireworks as there is a huge variety! Loud, quiet, big, small, what is your preference? These exploding pieces of entertainment are so fun, but don’t let them end up putting a damper on your Fourth of July celebration! Incorporate the following safety tips to ensure a night full of fun and prevent potentially serious accidents.
- Know the laws of your city in regards to fireworks and follow them!
- Read instructions and warning labels before lighting. Know what the firework will do so you know what to expect to ensure the safety of others in the area.
- Responsible adults should supervise the use of fireworks. Fireworks should not be lit by someone under the influence of alcohol.
- Wearing safety glasses can protect your eyes from debris and sparks.
- Light one firework at a time and back away quickly.
- Do not relight “duds.” Instead, wait 20 minutes then put it in a bucket of water.
- Have a bucket of water nearby.
- Do not put fireworks in pockets or shoot them into glass or metal containers.
- Avoid the use of homemade fireworks.
- If you have pets, make sure they had IDs and keep them in a safe place.
- If it is windy, make sure the wind won’t blow the fireworks into the crowd or wait to light the fireworks until the wind dies down.
Follow these rules and use common sense when around fireworks. It may seem ridiculous to have so many rules, but they are there to protect everyone! Have a fun and safe fireworks season!
MSUM is proud to host the 43rd annual Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration. This has been an exciting event hosted by the university since 1972. This year there has been a change in location. Due to renovations of the MSUM Scheels Field this year’s event will be held at the Bluestem Event Center, 801 50th Ave S, Moorhead. Games Galore begin at 7:00 and end with fireworks beginning at 10:30. Below you will find a list of all events.
- Games Galore starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Kids Decorated Bike Parade starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Music by the Lake Agassiz Concert Band starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Music by the Front Fenders starting at 9:00 p.m.
- Fireworks display starting at 10:30 p.m.
You can view the schedule of events and pictures from previous celebrations at http://www.mnstate.edu/. For more information about the musical performances please visit the links below.
Join us again for the Old-Fashioned Community 4th of July Celebration. Due to the renovation of the MSUM Scheel’s field this years get together will be taking place at the Bluestem Event Center, 801 50th Ave S, Moorhead. The Trollwood Performing Arts School is housed in Bluestem. For the kids, the event features a variety of fun and exciting games along with a decorated bicycle parade. Musical entertainment for the celebration will be provided by the Lake Agassiz Concert Band and the Front Fenders. The fireworks display will begin at 10:30pm and a schedule of all other events can be seen at the link below.
To learn about the evenings musical entertainment visit the links below.