Everyone out there must be confused. No class tomorrow? On a Tuesday? What gives? Well, there is the Student Academic Conference (SAC) on campus. Good news, if your a non-STEM student you can sleep the day away. Bad news, most STEM majors are required to go for their classes.
The SAC is a way for students to present their research instead of it just hiding on some professor’s shelf or on a wall. There will be 3 different oral presentation time slots. Each slot will last 100 minutes and have about 4-6 presenters. There will also be poster presentations rotating out through out the day. Students will be standing next to their work and will answer any questions that you may have. Feel free to engage, they want to show off what they’ve learned.
The School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership is inviting you to the HSAD presentations tomorrow. We have more than 10 students who will present for the first time in SAC! We hope to see you there exploring and showing your support.
- Structure-Process-Outcome – Applying Donabedian Quality Improvement Model to Improve Health Care by Daniel Danuser, Laura Kjolhaug, Serah Demmer *Time – 9:40 – 11:00
- Six Sigma: A Strategy for Health Care Organizations by Jacqueline Volkert, Haley Cox, Ashlee Torgerson, Paris Williams, Molly Zachman *Time – 9:40 – 11:00
- Plan-Do-Check- Act – An approach to improve Health Care Quality and Patient Safety by Tony Santos, Cecelia Winter *Time – 9:40 – 11:00
- International internship experience (Patient Satisfaction Survey in Abu Dhabi -(Oral Presentation) by Marah Omar *Time – 12:40 – 1:00 pm
There are over 230 posters scheduled to be there from every major on campus in addition to the oral presentations. If you think there isn’t something for you, you’re wrong. Here are some examples of posters:
- The Past, Brexit, the Future: Insights for firms and investors by Moyinoluwa Abiola
Response to the Cry of a Baby: Physiological responses and self-reported behavior by Molly Kraemer and Megan Weiler
- An Investigation of the Bio-chemical Constituents and Potential Allelopathic and Insecticidal Efficacy of Wormwood in Aquaponics by Isaac Heiser
Whitewashing Screenplays by Regan Meyer and Nathan Arel and William Austin and Duncan Monroe
Geographical Location and the Development of LGBT Youth.
- STEAM Ahead: Arts Integration for Tomorrow’s World Changers by Julianne Feir
The SAC will be held in the CMU starting at 9:40am today and goes until roughly 3.
Complete list of all the presenters along with times and places: Schedule