The Xi Kappa-at-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing held its annual induction ceremony on Saturday, October 31, 2015. The induction recognizes nursing students and community nurse leaders who have demonstrated achievements in nursing, leadership qualities and high professional standards. Inductees consisted of graduate and undergraduate students from the following colleges: Concordia College, Minnesota State University Moorhead, North Dakota State University, North Dakota State University at Sanford Bismarck, and University of Jamestown. The Community Nurse Leaders reside in communities across North Dakota and Minnesota.
The following MSUM students were inducted into the chapter:
• Undergraduate: Kacie Sullivan, Nikole Thein
• Graduate: Wendy Benusa, Amber Carlson, Ashley Kissinger, Amanda Recker
Scholarships and awards were also given to the following recipients:
• Xi Kappa Graduate Scholarship: Penny Briese, Wendy Kopp
• Xi Kappa Undergraduate Scholarships: Brandi Davidson, Emily Kluck, Kezia Kvernum, Markie Struxness
• Martha Vorvick Berge Scholarship: Katrina Pavek
• Excellence in Caring Award: Julie Bruhn
• Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award: Rebecca Moch
• Excellence in Nursing Research Award: Molly Secor-Turner
• Outstanding Member Award: Nancy Freitag
The School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership extends its congratulations to all inductees and recipients!
Tagged: 2015, @MSUMoorhead, Academics, Amanda Becker, Amber Carlson, Ashley Kissinger, Brandi Davidson, BSN, college, community health, degree, dragons, education, Emily Kluck, events, fall 2015, Julie Bruhn, Kacie Sullivan, Katrina Pavek, Kezia Kvernum, Markie Struxness, Molly Secor-Turner, Nancy Freitag, Nikole Thein, Penny Briese, Rebecca Moch, Sigma Theta Tau, Wendy Benusa, Wendy Kopp, Xi KAppa