August 1st through 7th is World Breastfeeding Week 2015 (WBW)! The theme for this year is “Breastfeeding and Work, Let’s Make it Work!” and is coordinated by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA). The campaign is to focus on a mother-friendly workplace.
Since the start of the global action much change and success has occurred. WBW raises awareness for the rights for mothers to have a mother-friendly workplace. WABA wants to empower and support women. The congratulate women who are able to combine work and child-rearing.
This year WBW places a focus on 5 aspects according to the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action:
- Galvanize multi-dimensional support from all sectors to enable women everywhere to work and breastfeed.
- Promote actions by employers to become Family/Parent/Baby friendly, and to actively facilitate and support employed women to continue breastfeeding.
- Inform people about the latest in Global Maternity Protection entitlements, and raise awareness of the need to strengthen related national legislation and implementation.
- Strengthen, facilitate, and showcase supportive practices that enable women working in the informal sector to breastfeed.
- Engage with target groups to protect the breastfeeding rights of women in the workplace.
To read and learn more about WBW visit: http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org/
Tagged: 2015, @MSUMoorhead, August 1-7, awareness, Breastfeeding and Work, campaign, Let's make it work, Minnesota State University Moorhead, mother-friendly, MSUM, School of Nurisng and Healthcare Leadership, SNHL, WABA, WBW, World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action, World Breastfeeding Week 2015