May is Lupus Awareness Month!
What is lupus?: Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body. It is a disease of flares and remissions.
Some Facts about Lupus:
- 90% of people who develop Lupus are women
- Lupus most often develops between ages 15 and 44
- Lupus is not contagious
- An estimated 1.5 million Americans and 5 million people worldwide are living with lupus right now
- The annual cost of lupus, including treatment and loss productivity can exceed $20,000 and can increase to $63,000.
How can you help?:
- Host your own fundraiser in your community
- Follow the Lupus Foundation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Wear Purple
- Put out Fliers
You can also go to this link and donate to the Lupus Foundation: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=lupus&id=101
Tagged: 2015, @MSUMoorhead, Lupus Awareness Month, Minnesota State University Moorhead, MSUM, MSUM nursing, MSUM School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, MSUM SNHL, Nursing, School of Nurisng and Healthcare Leadership, SNHL