National Women’s Health Week starts on May 10th and goes through May 16th!
The goal: To empower women to make their health a priority and to serve as a time to help women understand what steps to take to improve their overall health.
Steps you can take for better health:
- Visit a doctor or nurse to get regular checkups
- Get active
- Eat healthy
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing your stress
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a seat belt
How to participate in National Women’s Health Week:
- Spread the word through social media
- Join the National Women’s Health Week Thunderclap
- Take the National Women’s Health Week Pledge
- Organize your own events/activities
- Learn what steps you can take to better your health at your age
To learn more information about National Women’s Health Week, Visit: http://www.womenshealth.gov/nwhw/