The month of March was declared ‘March to Health Month’, but who says it should stop there?
Every month brings us the opportunity to create a healthier lifestyle, as rumor has it it takes 21 days to develop (or get rid of) a habit.
Here are some ways you can march to health THIS month:
- Know your surroundings
- Determine what bugs are going around, get vaccinated, wash your hands, clean your work areas, get help if things don’t seem right.
- Here is a link to our MSUM Hendrix Clinic and their resources:
- The weather is finally turning nice, go outside! Visit our MSUM Wellness Center, get involved in the events we have going on around campus or in your area.
- Here is a link to our MSUM Wellness Center with their hours, as well as their resources such as personal trainers or dietitians:
- There are also many fun group exercise classes, click the following link for those:
- Eat Right!!
- Back to basics! Eat your fruits and veggies, be sure to drink lots of water.
- Our MSUM Wellness Center has free consultations for MSUM students from our dietitian to create a diet that is best for you.
- Resources that can help you develop a better eating plan:
- Finally, get about 8 hours of sleep everyday. This may sound impossible, but it’s important! Anything over and anything under can lead to health problems.
- Studies show that creating a bedtime routine and sticking to it can help your body go to sleep quicker and with less difficulties.
- Resources that can help you develop a better sleeping plan:
Start your march to health today! Everyday is a chance to become a healthier you!
Tagged: 2015, eat right, exercise, friends, get healthy, get help, health, hendrix clinic, links, march, Minnesota State University Moorhead, MSUM, MSUM nursing, MSUM School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, MSUM SNHL, resources, School of Nurisng and Healthcare Leadership, sleep, wellness, Wellness Center