Check out the Community Health Major at MSUM during spring advising/registration. Maybe this major is for you.
What is a Community Health Professional?
Community health professionals work with mass media, plan and conduct workshops, develop educational programs and act as a health information resource. The majority of all community health professionals work in healthcare and social assistance agencies, and many work in government organizations. Community health majors may also be employed by colleges, public and private schools, nonprofit organizations, private businesses, or in medical care settings.
A Community Health Professional should be able to promote:
- Collaborative Efforts – developing community-based programs
- Health Promotion – developing low literate, culturally appropriate materials, curricula and awareness campaigns
- Evaluation and Research – designing data collection tools to measure program processes and outcomes using quantitative and qualitative methods and reporting for multiple audiences
- Training and Staff Development – designing and conducting training for diverse audiences including clinicians, professional staff, community groups, parents and youth
- Resources for Health Professionals – developing…
View original post 711 more words
Tagged: COMH, community health, Community Health Major, degree, education, faculty, health, healthcare, Healthcare Leadership, Minnesota State University Moorhead, MN, Nandita Bezbaruah, Nursing, School of Nursing & Healthcare Leadership